The Big crossing
Feeling like a hiker or simply a lover of nature? Stroll about on the Big crossing of the Forêt du Pays de Chimay!
Hike along over 170km of Grande Randonnée footpaths and spend the night in the forest itself, in a tent, a bed and breakfast or a forest gite.
You choose the level of comfort and dose of adventure you want!
For a complete adventure, there are 9 bivouac sites along the trail. Soon, 2 new Bivouac sites!
These sites are for hikers, cyclists and riders, not for long-term campers. Use them as much as you like, but to make sure they last, please follow the rules carefully.
Bivouac site rules:
- No motor-driven vehicles, caravans or trailers are allowed on this site
- Tents are allowed from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. but not during the daytime
- You must not spend 2 nights in a row on the bivouac site
- Please keep the area tidy Anyone dumping waste will be liable for prosecution
- Only fallen deadwood can be used for fires
- Please keep the area quiet... and be aware of your neighbours sleeping.
Do you prefer the comfort of a bed and breakfast, a hotel or a gite? La Forêt du Pays de Chimay accommodation partners will be delighted to welcome you
Some accommodation may transport your luggage to your next stage. Enquire about it when you book.